Перейти к публикации

Сложные эфиры в синтетических смазках. Вопросы к TomNJ

Рекомендованные сообщения

Другие ответы в этой теме

hi.

1. Can i use a mixture of poe and pag oils in a car air conditioner? (r134a refrigerant)

2. How does high sulfur affect engine wear? if the engine does not have EGR, DPF...etc.

Изменено пользователем fonserg

Ss333 молодец. Хоть основное русло диалогов стало понятно в этой интересной теме. Не все сильны в инглишь. Тема не менее интересна чем с sae20 да и он сам сюда заглянул. 

Thomas Schafer вам вопрос.!??? Вы рекомендуете и хвалите масла Ред Лайн. А ваше мнение про топ изделия с РОЕ и РАО таких фирм как Миллерс? Амсойл? Мотюль? Мобил? И других которых можно выделить и которые на слуху.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, fonserg said:

hi.

1. Can i use a mixture of poe and pag oils in a car air conditioner? (r134a refrigerant)

2. How does high sulfur affect engine wear? if the engine does not have EGR, DPF ... etc.

POEs are miscible with most PAGs but I can't speak for all.  There are many different kinds of POEs and PAGs.  There are companies selling POEs for top-off in automotive air conditioning PAG systems so they apparently are confident that the two can be mixed without problems - I just do not have experience or data to know for sure.

I have read that high sulfur diesel fuels reduce wear, but this is not an area of expertise.

31 минуту назад, TomNJ сказал:

if the formulation had at least an equal amount or more of PAO to counter the seal swell effects of the POE

in which mode will the esters affect the seals more? if you drive 200 motor-hours in 2 months or if you drive 100 motor-hours in half an year?

On 4/18/2020 at 11:13 AM, Gloryk said:

Ss333 well done. Although the mainstream of dialogue has become clear in this interesting topic. Not everyone is good at English. The topic is no less interesting than with sae20 and he himself looked here. 

Thomas  Schafer you have a question.! ??? You recommend and praise Red Line oils. And your opinion about the top products with POE and RAO of such companies as Millers? Amsoil? Motul? Mobile? And others which can be distinguished and which are by ear.

I have not recommended or praised Red Line oils because I do not know the formulations.  When I visited and worked with them some 30+ years ago I thought they were a fine and reputable company with good technology, but that was a long time ago and their ownership and formulations have changed.  I did say that they claim to have high doses of POEs, and if that is so, then they would be a good way to add some POE to your engine oil without diluting the additives.

Of the other oil brands you mention, I have only used Mobil 1 EP which I believe is a fine oil, but I cannot say it is better or worse than other premium synthetic oils.  I select synthetic oils based on their certifications and approvals, not their base oil composition.  The additives play a larger role in controlling wear, corrosion, and cleanliness than the base oils.  Sometimes I also consider their claims.  If a large oil company such as Mobil claims their oil can be used safely for 15,000 miles or one year, I trust them because I know they did the proper and complete testing to support their claims.  When small oil companies make such claims I trust them less because they often do not have the money to do the proper and complete testing.  Many small oil companies are honest and have excellent technology, others less so, and I have no way of knowing.  Claims are cheap, approvals are expensive.

51 минуту назад, TomNJ сказал:

I would only use 20-30% POE if the formulation had at least an equal amount or more of PAO to counter the seal swell effects of the POE and I had no concern for cost.  Otherwise, 10% is an effective dose.

2% - 5% POE without PAO are too small ( not effectieve ) dose?

TomNJ Having been familiar with Red Line could you say something about Red Line CV2 grease. It is not 100% clear that grease has calcium sulphonat thickener and Drop Point 900F seems to be very high!

On 4/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, СИНТЭКС said:

in which mode will the esters affect the seals more? if you drive 200 motor-hours in 2 months or if you drive 100 motor-hours in half an year?

It is time and temperature related.  The longer the ester is in contact with seals and the higher the temperature, the more the swelling effect - up to a point where it should stop.  This swelling is desirable in high PAO based oils, and older engines where the seals may be hardened and leaking.  It also depends on the chemistry of the seals in a particular engine.  There is a lot of variation among seals, as there is a lot of variation among esters and driving conditions, so the effects cannot be precisely defined.

Back in the 1970s, Hatco ran a series of seal swell tests using a 100% ester based oil and a 100% Group I based oil with a variety of seals of the same part numbers but from different manufacturers.  They found that the variation in seals had a larger effect than the ester vs mineral oil.  Also, I used this 100% ester based oil for many years in various cars and did not experience oil loss.  In my opinion, it is not an issue unless you have a high level of a high polar ester with little or no PAO to balance it.  I do not believe such oils are on the market today.

5 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

It is time and temperature related.  The longer the ester is in contact with seals and the higher the temperature, the more the swelling effect

I know but I don’t understand how many time in cold mode equal to time with working engine temperature (abt 100 C).

5 minutes ago, СИНТЭКС said:

I know but I don’t understand how many time in cold mode equal to time with working engine temperature (abt 100 C).

I have never seen a study on this, so I do not know either.

Где бы посмотреть какой NPI в холодильных ПОЕ?

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Создать...