Перейти к публикации

Сложные эфиры в синтетических смазках. Вопросы к TomNJ

Рекомендованные сообщения

Другие ответы в этой теме

TomNJ да, есть десятки компаний которые производят эстеры. Но если мы посмотрим какие эстеры добавляются в моторные масла. То эти эстеры должны быть POE, они должны обладать определенной вязкостью от 3cst до 8cst. И окажется что в моторных маслах используются эстеры всего нескольких производителей. Exxon Mobil Esterex, Croda и т.д. Разве нет? :) Ведь эти компании как Infineum в присадках или SK corp в базовых маслах, поделили рынок и никого в него не пускают... 

Мы много слышали хорошего о AN - алкилированных нафталинах (Synesstic 5 and 8). Но вся информация исходит от производителя ExxonMobil/Infineum. Эти производители в своих документах всегда сравнивают свои AN с эстерами. 

Вопрос: Как вы считаете. Что все таки лучше? Эстеры vs AN. И почему? 

15 hours ago, SYNTEX said:

Maybe do you mean only examples with “red label” of status?

Yes, the ones with the red dot status are the worse and can cause damage to engines. The ones with the orange dot status had something wrong but were deemed not too serious, such as a label issue or a minor out of specification result.  If you click the "Status" tab above the color dots it will change the order of the list with the green dots first, then the red, then the orange.  Just scroll down to the reds and oranges.

Изменено пользователем TomNJ

TomNJ Below are 3 photos of the MTM 3 oil test on the popular ACEA C3 package. There are different POE and ESTERS that spoil AW in MID SAPS packages, and there are some that don't. Can you comment on these charts? What is the optimal amount of POE in the system? 5, 10, 15, 20?

Mos8vP7QQBk.thumb.jpg.2efeeac3f09379186ef7e119a0b82f10.jpg

YprVpGAVhb0.thumb.jpg.3bfd5f9863b58480f052a159e4f1d53d.jpg

4bBBMA9eMZw.thumb.jpg.4cd5de975d9321f8c1b791b8409b5cbc.jpg

SRV WEAR TEST REF OIL GIII C3

QUaCyNV6W9E.thumb.jpg.03a2d1746b5b82bbe6bfd29bf62ab65d.jpg

Jyfe15acoo8.thumb.jpg.1e3f718cf976cb219f5d6794bb8bf008.jpg

SRV WEAR TEST OIL WITH POE C3

7TphQMyleUk.thumb.jpg.f63e1d60b21cbc48a499de6de4da3570.jpg

Ey6DOjTO4UQ.thumb.jpg.5c99dfbd2137735ce3d40902a9a45e2e.jpg

SRV WEAR TEST OIL WITH RIGHT ESTER C3

X-FHQ0bvrwE.thumb.jpg.0c2897c507c1cbebfc290ea4f3d930e3.jpg

C24n74gUQpM.thumb.jpg.defb1577cb92f1033fa56f9dfd92b9bb.jpg

12.04.2020 в 17:59, TomNJ сказал:

Esters are expensive, mineral oils are cheap, and automotive oils are competitive.  Therefore esters are only added to automotive oils if they are needed for technical reasons.  The most common technical reasons are to improve additive solubility and to soften and swell seals, and to lesser degrees to reduce volatility and improve lubricity.  Esters are needed in pure PAO formulations because PAOs have no polarity and so have poor additive solubility, and they tend to shrink and harden seals.  Esters correct these problems with PAOs.

Groups I, II, and III base oils have some polarity because they have some ring compounds.  While their polarity decreases with more hydrocracking, there is still enough to dissolve the additives and condition the seals.  Therefore the expensive esters are not needed in these formulations.

does it make sense to add 5% POE to a recipe with 75% VHVI? Or is it marketing?

21 час назад, TomNJ сказал:

Adding ester to a Group III can improve the oil, but it is not needed to dissolve additives and balance seals.  Ester is needed for PAOs but not GTLs.  While some small boutique oil companies add ester to improve their oils and charge a higher price, most larger oil companies will not add expensive ingredients that are not needed to pass the specifications they seek to claim.  Since 99.9% of oil buyers have no idea what an ester is, it does not help their sales.

If I was formulating an oil for my car I would add a proper POE at 20-30% in order to obtain the cleaning, volatility, and lubricity effects, but only if the formulation also contained an equal or more amount of PAO to counter the seal softening effects of the POE.  The rest of the base oil could be Group III.

Tell me, is the recipe good if PAO 70% + POE 10%?

5 hours ago, Bonker said:

Tell me, is the recipe good if PAO 70% + POE 10%?

POE at 10% will help with additive solubility and seal swell, but whether it is enough depends on which PAO, which POE, and the balance of the formulation.  With that high amount of PAO I would be inclined to use more POE but how much would be guided by test results.  I would test at 10%, 20%, and 30% and see which performs best in the testing.

4 минуты назад, TomNJ сказал:

the parts have run first with a mineral oil containing ZDDP and the protective film has formed (as in a car engine), then the ester does not interfere with the ZDDP.

But all the additives makers say that esters always compete with ZDDP for the surface in friction pairs regardless of the presence of a formed protective film. Where is the truth? For example, comparison with AN of Exxon:

1482239971_ANadditives.thumb.jpg.eb9b6cdea7a7bcc95ee9a02de2d4490a.jpg

15 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

POE at 10% will help with additive solubility and seal swell, but whether it is enough depends on which PAO, which POE, and the balance of the formulation.  With that high amount of PAO I would be inclined to use more POE but how much would be guided by test results.  I would test at 10%, 20%, and 30% and see which performs best in the testing.

The composition in our oils: (PAO 4+PAO 6) - 70% from Mobil + POE 10% from one of these companies: Calumet, Lanxess (formally Hatco), BASF, Croda, Nippon Oil, OleFina, Zschimmer & Schwarz, Nyco, Olean, Lonza (we do not name a specific company, because an interesting application was made for us). How Do you like this recipe? What tests do I need to pass?

And immediately question. Besides MOBIL, who else produces AN IN Europe and what is the current cost per 1 ton?

Масло залитое в двигатель на заводе, должно быть на минеральной основе? Как долго формируется пленка ZDDP на новой детали двигателя? Через какое время можно использовать масло с эстерами в новом автомобиле?

Изменено пользователем ss333
1 hour ago, Bonker said:

The composition in our oils: (PAO 4+PAO 6) - 70% from Mobil + POE 10% from one of these companies: Calumet, Lanxess (formally Hatco), BASF, Croda, Nippon Oil, OleFina, Zschimmer & Schwarz, Nyco, Olean, Lonza (we do not name a specific company, because an interesting application was made for us). How Do you like this recipe? What tests do I need to pass?

And immediately question. Besides MOBIL, who else produces AN IN Europe and what is the current cost per 1 ton?

I have no problem with 70% PAO and 10% POE.  Ideally the optimum ratios should be scientifically determined through testing, indeed the entire formulation should be based on engine testing, but that gets very expensive.  To see if the 10% POE is enough to correct the PAO you should test the finished oil in the seal compatibility tests required by the specification approval you are seeking, and also make sure the additives stay in solution at various temperatures.

ANs are also produced in the USA by King Industries.  I do not know if there are producers in Europe, or the cost.

6 часов назад, ss333 сказал:

Масло залитое в двигатель на заводе, должно быть на минеральной основе?

Выше имелось ввиду под «минеральным» (не 4 и 5 группы).

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Создать...