Перейти к публикации

Сложные эфиры в синтетических смазках. Вопросы к TomNJ

Рекомендованные сообщения

Другие ответы в этой теме
8 minutes ago, СИНТЭКС said:

what is the highest concentration of esters did you saw in RL?

I do not know the Redline formulations and have not seen a GC on them.  In the past they claimed their oils had high amounts of POE but they did not say how much, and the formulations may have changed.  If one wishes to add some Redline oil to increase the ester content in their oil, I suggest adding one that shows a large ester absorbance in FTIR.

3 минуты назад, TomNJ сказал:

Sorry, I do not understand this translation.

Цитата

так собеседники скрывают свой флуд и офтоп.

Можете не заглядывать под спойлер

Russian internet slang. So a person hides messages off topic. You can ignore hidden questions. 

7 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

I would add a proper POE at 20-30% in order to obtain the cleaning, volatility, and lubricity effects, but only if the formulation also contained an equal or more amount of PAO to counter the seal softening effects of the POE.  The rest of the base oil could be Group III.

but the selected effects are not mutually exclusive, why not add POE to GTL for

13 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

obtain the cleaning, volatility, and lubricity effects

even if PAO isn’t in the recipe...

P.S. the question of cost is not taken

14 minutes ago, Ё}I{ИК said:

You are not the first to advise using ready-made oils for the mix. How do you feel about mixing motor oils with motorcycle oils (4T)?

Sorry, I have never formulated a motorcycle oil or had any interest in them, so I do not know what the formulations look like.  In general, I do not add anything to a balanced and approved motor oil unless I have an engine problem and know that the additive will help.  Mixing oils has some risks as some additives may be incompatible or reduce performance.  One should know what they are adding, have a known good reason, and have a reasonable expectation the the additive will help.  Experimenting with the oil can be fun and educational, but If one wants to experiment with their expensive engine they should research first, watch closely, and run some UOAs.

9 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

I do not know the Redline formulations and have not seen a GC on them.  In the past they claimed their oils had high amounts of POE but they did not say how much, and the formulations may have changed.

could you please give an estimate concentration based on your qualifications and experience

TomNJ Hello

You propose - using complex ester motor oil as an additive
If the engine is fully filled with complex ester oil - what are the disadvantages of using ?

1 минуту назад, TomNJ сказал:

Because PAO has no polarity and will counter balance the softening and swelling effects of POEs on the seals. 

Yes, we know.

3 минуты назад, TomNJ сказал:

Adding some ester to GTL will provide benefits and I would do so if I was formulating with one and cost was not a factor.

7 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

Most people will not pay more for a better oil if they do not understand why it is better

Thank you, that's what I wanted to make sure...

TomNJ thank you for your opinion:hi:

Why I asked: on our forum there are people who believe that RL almost 80% consists of POE:D

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

TomNJ Hello

You propose - using complex ester motor oil as an additive
If the engine is fully filled with complex ester oil - what are the disadvantages of using ?

If I understand the translation correctly, you are asking what are the disadvantages of using a fully formulated motor oil that is based entirely or mostly on ester.  There is no disadvantage if the oil has been fully tested and passed the required specifications and approvals for your engine.  These specifications will test for seal compatibility and assure that the finished balance oil is suitable.  Without the testing and approvals the risk gets higher as the ester content gets higher.

6 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

If I understand the translation correctly, you are asking what are the disadvantages of using a fully formulated motor oil that is based entirely or mostly on ester.  There is no disadvantage if the oil has been fully tested and passed the required specifications and approvals for your engine.  These specifications will test for seal compatibility and assure that the finished balance oil is suitable.  Without the testing and approvals the risk gets higher as the ester content gets higher.

You understood correctly.
I meant oils like redline, which have conformity but not specification.

1 минуту назад, Alex сказал:

I meant oils like redline, which have conformity

17 минут назад, TomNJ сказал:

Hopefully it would at least be 10-20% if they are making the claim and are honorable people, perhaps much more. 

:pardon:

12 minutes ago, СИНТЭКС said:

TomNJ thank you for your opinion:hi:

Why I asked: on our forum there are people who believe that RL almost 80% consists of POE:D

No, not even close.  Maybe in the old days but not today.

Here is a list of their products with links to their SDSs: https://www.redlineoil.com/technical-info   Section 3 of the SDS must list any hazardous ingredients.  The few I looked at show large amounts of PAO and Group III.  The SDS must list the Group III which shows as "Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy paraffinic", and the PAO which shows as "1-Dodecene, Homopolymer, Hydrogenated".  There is no need to list the esters because they are not considered hazardous.

2 минуты назад, СИНТЭКС сказал:

:pardon:

Заинтересовал момент ,почему была рекомендация RL как добавки,а не полной заливки. Может есть минусы какие то у таких масел в авто на каждый день.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Создать...