Перейти к публикации

Сложные эфиры в синтетических смазках. Вопросы к TomNJ

Рекомендованные сообщения

Другие ответы в этой теме

TomNJ Thomas, hi! I have a question. The popularity of POE additives in motor oils as additives is growing in Oilclub. For example, there is growing interest in Mobil JetOil 2 oil, which in addition to the POE base contains the anti-wear additive Tricresyl phosphate (TCP). I would like to know your opinion about the possible negative impact of TCP on the elements of a piston gasoline engine.

Изменено пользователем Хмыр
1 час назад, TomNJ сказал:

Personally I don't recommend adding jet engine oil to a modern balanced and approved motor oil. 

Some small percentage would likely not do harm, but also likely not do good either.

Can this be taken as a recommendation of oil with TCP for adding to disapproved and/or unbalanced oil,

to improve the properties of cheap oils?

3 часа назад, TomNJ сказал:

...  My concern in an automotive engine is TCP's high phosphorus content (8.4% or 84,000 ppm) which could potentially affect the catalytic converter...

And if the engine doesn't consume oil (derived from the words "at all ;)"). Can we (may we) totally disregard the factor?

23 hours ago, konung said:

Can this be taken as a recommendation of oil with TCP for adding to disapproved and/or unbalanced oil,

to improve the properties of cheap oils?

No, since I have never seen any data showing the effects of TCP in automotive engines.

Roger! At least "should be taken whith care".

Изменено пользователем McFerkel
22.09.2020 в 16:31, TomNJ сказал:

TCP is an anti-wear/mild EP additive.  My concern in an automotive engine is TCP's high phosphorus content (8.4% or 84,000 ppm) which could potentially affect the catalytic converter.  Modern engine oil specifications generally limit phosphorus to 0.08% or 800 ppm for this reason.  Most jet engine oils have 2 to 3% of TCP or 1,700 to 2,500 ppm phosphorus.  I don't know how much TCP the catalytic converter can tolerate, plus TCP could potentially interfere with the additive balance in the oil.

Personally I don't recommend adding jet engine oil to a modern balanced and approved motor oil.  Some small percentage would likely not do harm, but also likely not do good either.

Thomas, the possible negative effect of phosphorus on the catalytic converter  - is one of the obvious phenomena. I'm more interested in the possible destructive effects of TCP on engine components, including corrosion. For example, polishing of cylinders (destruction of honing), formation of strong acids due to interaction with water vapor condensate, corrosion of brass valve bushings, support bearings, corrosion of chrome coatings of rings, impact on NBR oil seals and PTFE polymers. Which of these is most likely? Your opinion.

Изменено пользователем Хмыр

Thomas, thank you for your thoughts, they are very useful for our inquisitive minds.

TomNJ привет! :) У меня есть банка Nyco Turbonycoil 600. 

FX_d27axuZbrbDub-8cKDUZ4uZJherOU.jpg

У него состав такой же как у Mobil Jet Oil II?

Ester + TCP просто в другой банке? :)

26.11.2020 в 06:48, torcon сказал:

TomNJ привет! :) У меня есть банка Nyco Turbonycoil 600. 

FX_d27axuZbrbDub-8cKDUZ4uZJherOU.jpg

У него состав такой же как у Mobil Jet Oil II?

Ester + TCP просто в другой банке? :)

Тоже хочу взять это масло,но вот такое ли оно как мобил джет , кто то реально подскажет ? 

obezlo Томас выше ответил же. Цитирую: "Составы отличаются в основном используемыми антиоксидантами и ингибиторами коррозии желтых металлов. Спецификации настолько жесткие, что не так много места для вариаций." Так что плюс-минус это практически одинаковые масла.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете опубликовать сообщение сейчас, а зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, войдите в него для написания от своего имени.

Гость
Ответить в теме...

×   Вставлено в виде отформатированного текста.   Вставить в виде обычного текста

Разрешено не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отобразить как ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставить изображения напрямую. Загрузите или вставьте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу.

• Создать...